After graduating from Rochester Institute of Technology I moved down to the Washington D.C. metro area and have enjoyed living, working, and exploring the area every day since. I am a an engineer at heart and like working in the fast-paced, rapidly changing software field. I tend to be happiest when working on a challenging problem that forces me to learn and/or relearn new technology, ideas, languages, and tools every day.
I tend to go for breadth when it comes to technology, so I’m not going to play Buzzword Bingo and list everything that shows up when googling ‘programming’. Below is a short list of topics and technology that I’ve used for work or I have a real interest in.
- Languages I’ve played around with: Go, Ruby, C#
- Languages I want to learn: Nim, Rust, D
- Software defined radios
- Embedded: Arduino, Edison
- Cloud: Kubernetes, CoreOS with Etcd, Fleet, and Flannel
- Databases: RethinkDB, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Upcoming topics: Machine learning, data science
Interests that don’t require the internet
- Snowboarding, fun mountains I’ve had a chance to ride:
- Trail running
- Beer (mainly delicious IPAs), find me on Untappd to see what I’m currently enjoying
- Islay Scotch, current favorite Lagavulin 16 Year Old